To celebrate the last week of term and the run up to a well-deserved break for everyone, here is a Christmas quiz. There are three sections: a picture round, a school stories round, and a connections round. Cheese and wine, anyone?
Cats have nine lives, we’re told. Can you name these nine cats?
Where do (or did) these pupils attend school?
- Darrell Rivers
- Billy Bunter
- Mildred Hubble
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione
- Hazel Wong and Daisy Wells
What (or who) links:
- A Kid in my Class, by Rachel Rooney with The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman?
- Varjak Paw (S.F.Said) with The Wolves in the Walls (Neil Gaiman)?
- I Talk like a River (Jordan Scott) with Footpath Flowers (JonArno Lawson)?
- The Colour of Home by Mary Hoffman with The Colour Thief by Andrew Fusek Peters (yes, they both have the word ‘colour’ in the title, but there’s another link. Can you get it?)
- Tadpole’s Promise (Jeanne Willis) with Miss Dirt the Dustman’s Daughter (Allan Ahlberg)?
- Super Daisy and Eat Your Peas – both by Kes Gray, with The Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline Wilson?
- You’re a Bad Man, Mr Gum! (Andy Stanton) with Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots (Michael Rosen)?
- Sam and Dave Dig a Hole (Mac Barnett) with The Dark (Lemony Snickett)?
- All of these classic picture books: My Two Grannies by Floella Benjamin; Pass the Jam, Jim by Kaye Umansky; The Man whose Mother was a Pirate by Margaret Mahy; and The Tale of Mucky Mabel by Jeanne Willis?