Starting at uni
Right from the start of your studies you will work with students from related disciplines on projects and scenarios based on real life case studies. And build practical skills using our specialist facilities. Your course will open the door into the world of research and professional practice, and will offer you opportunities to experience new things and to learn outside the classroom.
We know you’re going to have a brilliant time here. However, there’s a lot to think about before starting university so we’ve put together some info designed to enable you to get to know your subject better and help get your student life off to the best possible start.
Start getting ready now
The advice on the following pages aim to give you just a flavour of what it’s like to learn here and help you to get to know us before you arrive.
Before you start uni
- Your complete checklist – 10 things you need to do and read before you start university.
- Complete your online enrolment
- Log onto our student portal My Brighton using your university email address.
- Download the My Brighton app.
- Access links to your study materials from the My Studies area of My Brighton. Here you can find out more about your course including reading lists, course handbooks, LinkedIn learning resources and your pre-entry academic activities.
Tour your campus
Our civil engineering, and construction and building courses are based on our Moulsecoomb, Brighton campus. Take a 360º tour of the campus and the facilities:
Stay in touch
- Make sure you look out for our emails, attend our online events and subscribe to this blog.
- Got any questions? You can also chat to a current student online.
Watch this video
Visit the website to find out more about what to expect and what you need to do before you get here.