The Centre for Design History at the University of Brighton invites Expressions of Interest from PhD students to join its Management Board for the year 2023/24.
The Centre would like to build communication and transparency with its PGR community, support PGR development in research management, and cater more closely to PGR needs.
We are currently recruiting PGR Representatives for the Centre for Design History to represent the following Research Strands:
- Fashion and Dress Histories
- Graphic Design Histories
Each PGR will be supported by a more senior researcher, a mid-career or ECR researcher to contribute towards developing research activities relating to the theme.
As a PGR Rep you will:
- With the other PGR Representatives, act as the main liaison between CDH and the wider postgraduate student community
- Attend three Management Board meetings per year (to include some preparatory paperwork and gathering of peer perspectives in advance), a welcome event and away day.
- With support from other CDH researchers in the centre as appropriate and required, design events and activities for the Centre, including your PGR peers, that relate to your research interests
- Access a small budget to support your vision for CDH activities
The voluntary position is for one year (renewable), and will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your research leadership skills
- Understand how research is managed and supported within the University
- Develop activities that relate to and further your own research interests
- Guide the future direction of the CDH
To apply, please send CentreforDesignHistory@brighton.ac.uk a one-page CV, and one or two paragraphs on how you will contribute to the CDH. The paragraph might like to reference your expertise and experiences and your plans for the Centre, in relation to existing practices and/or new activities. Please clearly identify on your application which theme strand you wish to represent.
All applications must be received by 5pm Monday 23 October 2023.