We welcome applications for new members, and encourage you to consider joining the CDH Management Board
Become a member!
MA and PhD students at the University of Brighton are very welcome to join the Centre as members.
To apply, PhD students should send to firstname.lastname@example.org a short CV (max. two pages) together with a brief statement (c. 300 words) that describes:
- Your research interests and how they relate to CDH’s aims and activities;
- How you expect to benefit from centre membership;
- How you envisage contributing to the centre’s work, as an individual and/or participant in one or more research strands.
Masters students who wish to join should please email us a brief paragraph explaining your interests and what you hope to gain from membership.
You can read more about the benefits of membership by clicking here.
Join the Management Board!
We regularly recruit PhD Representatives to sit on the Management Board with special responsibility for a particular theme. The Centre includes PGRs on its Management Board because it is keen to build communication and transparency with its PGR community, support PGR development in research management, and cater more closely to PGR needs. You can read more about current vacancies by clicking here.
- With the other PGR Representatives, act as the main liaison between CDH and the wider postgraduate student community
- Attend three Management Board meetings per year (to include some preparatory paperwork and gathering of peer perspectives in advance), a welcome event and away day.
- With support from other CDH researchers in the centre as appropriate and required, design events and activities for the Centre, including your PGR peers, that relate to your research interests
- Access a small budget to support your vision for CDH activities
The voluntary position is for one year (renewable), and will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your research leadership skills
- Understand how research is managed and supported within the University
- Develop activities that relate to and further your own research interests
- Guide the future direction of the CDH
We are keen to explore the possibility of appointing a Masters Representative to the CDH Management Board. If you are interested in this role, please do contact us at email@example.com
Next, you might like to read more about the kinds of ways that CDH supports its researchers, and how you can ‘Access Support’, by clicking here