The Centre for Design History (CDH) seeks to appoint a student as a Social Media Assistant who will help us to build our social media presence to enhance our profile, reach new audiences, develop new partnerships and capture our research impact.
Salary: £10.43 per hour
Start date: 10th January 2022 (c.3 hours a week with an expectation of 160 hours spread over 2022)
CDH has over 50 members including artists and designers, archivists and curators, activists and academics, from PhDs to Professors. With the support of the CDH Director and Administrator, we are looking to expand upon our blog, which includes announcements and reports on our activities, through the creation and commissioning of regular new content, and to align this with our social media presence (on Twitter @CDH_Brighton), including by possible expansion to other platforms.
CDH is committed to decentring cultural privilege and increasing inclusion in matters of race, ethnicity, gender and class. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates.
* Current status as an Undergraduate or Postgraduate student at University of Brighton
* Subject knowledge in design history (understood broadly to include visual and material culture, art, architecture, fashion, museum studies, etc)
* Excellent skills in written communication
* Ability to create, commission and edit high quality social media content
* Experience in managing social media accounts
* Commitment to diversity and to representing marginalised voices and perspectives
* Ability to work independently and in collaboration with academic and administrative staff
* Access to a laptop and internet (the role will be largely working from home)
Applicants should send a recent CV and a 500-word statement outlining their interest and experience, addressing the above criteria, and outlining their proposals for ideas they would like to develop in the role, by 5pm Friday 26th November 2021 to CentreforDesignHistory@brighton.ac.uk
Online interviews will be held in December 2021. Please direct any role queries to CDH Director, Dr Annebella Pollen firstname.lastname@example.org