Santander Startup Fuel grants programme launched: applications deadline is 14 July!
Freelancers, founders and social entrepreneurs
Are you in need of cash fuel to launch or grow your business and power it to develop to the next level?
We (Clare and Helen, the beepurple team) are excited to announce the launch of the Santander University of Brighton Startup Fuel Grants, with over £15,000 worth of funding available!
This Grant Programme, funded by Santander Universities, is exclusively open to students and graduates (from the Class of 2022 or more recently) who have started their own business, social enterprise or freelance project, and who would benefit from receiving a grant between £250 and £2000.
The Grant can be used to pay towards new product development, new technology within the business (e.g. specialist equipment or software), intellectual property protection or new marketing materials, among other things.
How do I apply for a Startup Fuel Grant?
You must apply for the grant via the Santander X platform:
As part of the application process, you will need to register with the Santander X platform.
What questions do I need to answer in the application form?
As part of the application process, you will need to submit the following information:
- The name of your startup or freelance business, and the month and year you started up.
- Information on how the judges can find your website or socials (if available).
- A description of your startup or freelance business including information about your products or services, the purpose of your business and the problem you solve for your customers. Tell us who your customer is and how you reach them (or plan to reach them) and include any information on what makes your startup unique (500 words maximum).
- A copy of your Business Model Canvas or Business Clarity Canvas.
- Your goals for the next 6-12 months (2000 characters maximum).
- An outline of how you will spend the Grant on your startup or freelance business and the impact this will have on you and your venture (2000 characters maximum).
Please note that any intellectual property stemming from your entry will remain yours at all times.
When is the deadline?
You must submit your application for a Startup Fuel Grant via the Santander X platform by Friday 14 July 2023 at 5pm.
When will I find out whether my grant application has been successful or not?
Once the deadline has passed, the beepurple team will score all applications using the judging criteria listed in the Terms and Conditions document (which you can download via the Santander X platform).
How can I contact the beepurple team?
If you have any questions about the Grant Programme or application process, please email us, the beepurple team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.