What is a KTP Associate job, and why should you consider it when you graduate?
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) graduate jobs offer you the opportunity to apply your degree to real-world business challenges, with the supervision of an academic team. KTPs are a three-way partnership between an organisation, a university, and a graduate or postgraduate (known as a KTP Associate).
This unique opportunity allows a graduate to be based in a company whilst tapping into the expertise and support of the university, to deliver a strategic and innovative project that embeds new knowledge within the company partner. Projects last 1-3 years in duration and are varied, spanning all academic disciplines and organisations of any size and in any industry.
Graduates who become KTP Associates benefit from:
- a dedicated training budget of £2,000 per annum on top of your salary
- mentoring from the company and an academic team
- the opportunity to gain a professional qualification and/or higher degree at the same time as working
- the potential to gain a permanent job with an innovative company (approximately 78% of graduates are offered employment at the end of a KTP)
- responsibility from day one and the chance to apply your degree.
The scheme runs across the UK and offers over 600 graduate vacancies every year. There is a National Awards ceremony to celebrate KTP successes and an annual Conference to share experiences and best practice with other KTP Associates from across the UK.