Startup Booster grant offers up to £2,000 to University of Brighton startups
Dear freelancers, founders and social entrepreneurs
Are you in need of a cash injection to grow your business and boost it to the next level?
The beepurple team is excited to announce the launch of the Santander X University of Brighton Startup Booster Grants, with £25,000 worth of funding available!
This grant programme, funded by Santander Universities, is exclusively open to students and graduates (from the Class of 2019 or more recently) who have started their own business, social enterprise or freelance project, and who would benefit from receiving a grant between £250 and £2000.
The grant can be used to pay towards new product development, new technology within the business (e.g. specialist equipment or software), intellectual property protection or new marketing materials, among other things.
How do I apply for a Startup Booster Grant?
You must apply for the grant via the Santander X platform:
As part of the application process, you will need to register with the Santander X platform.
What questions do I need to answer in the application form?
As part of the application process, you will need to submit the following information:
- The name of your business/social enterprise/freelance project, and the month and year you started up.
- Information on how the judges can access your website/portfolio/blog (if available).
- A description of your business/social enterprise/freelance project including information about your products/services, and the problems you solve for your customers/end users, as well as information on what makes you unique (2000 characters maximum).
- A copy of your Business Model Canvas or Business Clarity Canvas (templates and examples can be provided, if needed).
- Your goals for the next 6-12 months (2000 characters maximum).
- An outline of how you will spend the grant on your business/social enterprise/freelance project and the impact this will have on you and your venture (2000 characters maximum).
Please note that any intellectual property stemming from your ideas/business/application will remain your property at all times.
When is the deadline?
You must submit your application for a Startup Booster grant via the Santander X platform by Friday 18 February 2022 at 5pm.
When will I find out whether my grant application has been successful or not?
Once the deadline has passed, the beepurple team will score all applications using the judging criteria listed in the Terms and Conditions document (which you can download via the Santander X platform).
How can I contact the beepurple team?
If you have any questions about the grant programme or application process, please email the beepurple team at email@example.com.