Interested in volunteering? Get ready for Student Volunteering Week 2020
Dedicating your time to volunteering shows serious commitment and looks fantastic on your CV. Many voluntary roles also provide training opportunities, helping you to develop skills in new areas and learn about different industries. Volunteering within your community also helps you to meet new people, to make friends and grow your network.
Student Volunteering Week 2020 (10-16 February) aims to celebrate the impact of student volunteers and encourage students to engage in civic life, tackle social challenges, learn about issues and connect with each other.
During the week, our student volunteering team Active Student will be running stalls on all four campuses where you can get help finding volunteering placements in the local community, and talk to local community organisations about their ongoing volunteering opportunities.
You can following the conversation on social through #SVW2020.
Visit our stalls
- Monday 10 February, 11.30am-1.30pm, Mezzanine floor (by Aldrich Library), Cockcroft Building, Moulsecoomb campus. Students can speak with Unlocking our Sound Heritage Project – The Keep and our volunteering team Active Student.
- Tuesday 11 February, 10am-12noon, Checkland foyer (by café), Falmer. Speak with a current student volunteer, Healthwatch B&H and our volunteering team Active Student.
- As part of ‘SASS: Your Future’ careers fair. Wednesday 12 February 12-2pm, Asa Briggs Foyer, Checkland. To attend the fair, register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sass-your-future-tickets-85976426807
- Thursday 13 February, 12–2pm, Sprinters Café, Hillbrow, Eastbourne. Speak with a current student volunteer, local orgs Healthwatch East Sussex and East Sussex Wildlife Rescue & Ambulance Service (WRAS), and our volunteering team Active Student.
- Thursday 13 February, 12-2pm, Grand Parade Café Bar area, City campus. Speak with Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival and our volunteering team Active Student.
More about Active Student
The university’s volunteering service, Active Student, can help you find volunteering placements in the local community that are rewarding, safe and supported
Here are a some of the roles you can get involved in at the moment through Active Student:
- East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service Community Volunteer
- Different Planet Arts Marketing Support Volunteer
- RSPCA Monitoring & Evaluation co-ordinator
There are so many exciting and unique opportunities available there is sure to be something that interests you! Active Student works with hundreds of local community organisations and charities so there are lots of volunteering roles available all year round.
For more information about volunteering, or to apply for voluntary opportunities, have a look at the Active Student website at www.brighton.ac.uk/careers/volunteering.