Free workshop: Get Started With Website SEO
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2019
Location: Room G3, Mithras House, Moulsecoomb
Booking is essential:
Free for students, graduates and staff of the University of Brighton
External guest tickets (limited) available at £20
About this workshop
In this workshop you’ll discover the basics of search engine optimisation and how you can get your business found in Google.
Please bring your laptop along to get the full benefit of this highly practical session where you will learn:
- What is SEO
- How SEO works past & present
- Content marketing and what it means for your website
- Technical SEO Basics, including individual pages and domain health
- Tools available to help you manage your SEO work and improve results
- Practical dive into keyword research methodology, keyword tracking and manually checking for competing pages
- Content writing & ‘Natural Language Processing’
- Domain health
- Plus: Learn the impact of emerging tools like voice search
This workshop will be delivered by Paige Hobart, SEO Team Director at London digital agency ROAST. Paige plays a crucial role in the development and expansion of the ever-growing SEO team at ROAST.
Whilst studying Marketing at Bournemouth University she got her first job in SEO. With over six years’ experience, Paige has had the pleasure of working within a variety of industries and with such brands as Harvey Nichols, Clarks, Experian and The National Lottery. As well as having the invaluable historic experience of the not-so-white-hat SEO practices of the past.
Having joined ROAST in the summer of 2015, Paige has been at the core of the company and the SEO department since its inception.