FABRICA Centre for Contemporary Art – Fantastic Year-long ‘Behind the Scenes’ Opportunity in Finance and Office Support
To provide help and support with:
- Recording and reconciling of petty cash receipts
- Processing out going invoices onto quickbooks eg venue hire bookings
- Processing in coming invoices from suppliers and freelancers
- Chase up and collate staff timesheets for payroll
- Setting up and maintaining a good finance/accounts filing system
- Undertake week/monthly bank reconciliations.
One day per week working seven hours per day, for at least one year.
- Someone who is interested in working in finance/accounts for an arts charity organisation
- Is able to commit for at least one year working one day per week
- Basic knowledge and skills in bookkeeping an adventageaous
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines
- Able to start the placement on the week commencing 2 July 2018.
Full induction and basic in house training on bookkeeping on finance (as and when needed).
Fabrica is Brighton & Hove’s centre for contemporary art. Now in our 22nd year at the former Holy Trinity Church, we have accrued an outstanding track record in commissioning artists to create new, often extraordinary works for Fabrica’s unique space and audiences.
As a registered charity with an educational mission we are committed to generating interest and excitement about art and creativity, through and around learning. Maintaining this core value underpins our capacity to attract, retain and develop a team of 200 volunteers who are passionate about communicating what Fabrica has to offer, in the gallery and to the wider community.
Our gallery education activities open up new ways of thinking and experiencing Fabrica’s exhibitions. Our dedicated programmes of work engage and attract older people, those with disabilities and teenagers who might not readily visit an art gallery or museum. Increasingly, these programmes are being created in partnership with others: community groups and statutory organisations, arts organisations in the city and abroad, and by the participants themselves, as Fabrica has become progressively embedded in the city and its communities.
You need to apply via the university’s volunteering service, Active Student, who will discuss the role with you and provide the application pack.
Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 15th June 2018 – you MUST contact Active Student at least two working days before this date to ensure you leave yourself enough time for an application.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 25th June 2018
Tel: 01273 644145
Visit: Your local university Student Centre
Vacancy Service: www.brighton.ac.uk/careers/resources