Fabrica Gallery – now recruiting for Front of House Volunteers: Life Model II #ShrigleyAtFabrica #BrightonFestival
Fabrica has on-going recruitment Front of House Volunteers, accepting applications throughout the year. Mainly recruiting and inducting volunteers three times a year in spring, summer and autumn to coincide with our exhibition programme, or at peak times of exhibition.
As a Front of House volunteer, students are expected to volunteer for at least 3.5hrs a week (one shift) invigilating the exhibition they are recruited in. Volunteering at Fabrica is flexible and works perfectly with students’ busy schedule.
As a Front of House volunteer, you will gain first hand experience of audience interaction and the important role exhibition visitors’ play in all aspects of any given exhibition.
Where applicable, students will also have the opportunities to volunteer during exhibition installation, artists talk, workshops, film club and all other exhibition related activities.
Training for the volunteer programme consists of:
- Interview – An informal chat to learn about prospective volunteers and their reasons for volunteering at Fabrica.
- Induction – Meet all new volunteers and find out more about volunteering at Fabrica.
- Research and Interpretation – Research themes within the exhibition, which will then be made available in the gallery as interpretation to enhance visitor and volunteer understanding and exhibition experience.
- Live and Learn – Two creative workshops exploring each exhibition along with staff and volunteers.
- Exhibition Briefing – Meet and learn about the exhibition from the Curator and the Artists.
- Exhibition Opening – celebrate as a team all the hard work gone into realising the exhibition.
- Volunteer Workshops – work with an artist to plan and deliver drop-in workshops in the gallery for the general public.
Additional benefit of joining Fabrica as a volunteer includes behind the scene placement, three volunteers trips per year and additional programme dependent training and development where applicable.
We will be recruiting again before the May Festival when Fabrica will be open every day. We expect May to be a busy time for Fabrica and our volunteers, so lots of opportunities to get involved.
Life Model II
14 April – 28 May 2018
co-produced with Brighton Festival
To apply for this role, please contact the University of Brighton’s Volunteering Service, Active Student:
T. 01273 644145