Calling all final year students!!
We want to ensure our final year students know about the main resources available; as a University of Brighton student/graduate you have access to our services for life, this applies to online resources and one to one guidance from a Careers Development Adviser, as and when you need it.
We appreciate your final semester is a very busy time, however it is also an opportunity to make sure you have everything in place to make the transition from higher education to employment more of a seamless process. With that in mind, see below some web links which you will find useful and don’t forget you can still book a one to one appointment with a Careers Development Adviser if there is any part of your future plans you are unsure of.
- In order to apply for opportunities, it is important to have a quality CV and covering letter, online assistance can be located at http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/cvs-and-interviews/your-cv/ and https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/cvs-and-cover-letters
- An online presence is becoming increasingly important and helps to improve your professional networks, LinkedIn is the most widely used package, with this you can additionally follow companies and register with the LinkedIn Jobsearch facility. For more advice on this go to http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/find-a-job/using-linkedin/
- If you are considering further study, we have a suite of dedicated web pages at http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/plan-your-career/postgraduate-study/
- More information to help with researching particular careers or industries can be found at http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/plan-your-career/occupations/ and https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors
- Graduate job listings can be accessed on the Prospects website at https://www.prospects.ac.uk/graduate-jobs
- If you are seeking a graduate internship via the careers website, then go to http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/find-a-job/graduate-schemes/
- You can also follow the careers service on Facebook and Twitter https://www.facebook.com/unibrightoncareers or https://twitter.com/uniofbrightoncs
If in the future you want to speak to an adviser but have moved out of the area, we can still assist you by speaking to you over the phone or via emails – for this service simply email email@example.com