Receive £2000 towards your business idea
Here’s a chance for student entrepreneurs to receive £2000 towards their business idea and some invaluable business mentoring.
The Xero Entrepreneur Scholarship for 2017 is now open for applications.
Sponsored by Xero, providers of online accounting software, it has been established in recognition of the contribution that start-ups and small businesses make to the UK economy.
Open to UK students, both undergraduates and postgraduates, the scholarship is worth £2000 and is designed to help a student along the road to success on their entrepreneurial journey.
● Must be UK resident;
● Must be currently enrolled full time at a recognised UK university;
● Open to undergraduates and postgraduates.
How to apply
To apply for the scholarship, the candidates must submit:
● Either an essay (500-700 words) or a 2 minute video on how the scholarship could help them work toward or develop their entrepreneurial idea;
● Proof of academic achievement (ABB grade or above in A Levels or equivalent alternative qualification);
● One letter of recommendation.
The candidates can submit their application to submissionsUK@xero.com
There will be one scholarship award worth £2,000 given to the winning candidate.
The winner will also receive the offer of mentoring sessions, a free subscription to Xero for 12 months and financial management skills coaching with Xero senior business leaders.
To be considered for scholarship, the candidates must submit their application packet on or before 30th June 2017.