‘Transform Your Life’ – a two-day course to help YOU get a job
Are you a University of Brighton graduate or postgraduate student in need of a little help with your job hunt? Do you need to sharpen your interview skills, boost your confidence or present yourself as a professional?
Then the ‘Transform Your Life’ course is for you!
For the fifth year running, a team from Student Services with be facilitating this highly successful two-day employability course.
When: Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 September 2016, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Where: Rooms 401/402, Priory Square, Hastings campus
The course is offered to University of Brighton graduates/postgrads who are seeking to improve their employability skills. Topics and activities are specially chosen to develop self-esteem, motivation and confidence. You will then apply these to CVs/applications, your professional online presence and interview practice.
Over the two days, the course offers:
- Emotional Intelligence awareness – Understanding your own Emotional Intelligence in order to present yourself confidently.
- Undertaking a Personal Audit – Being aware of your range of skills, abilities and attributes that influence your career choices and job prospects.
- Developing your Personal Profile – Being fluent in the ‘message’ you are sending to decision makers and employers, about who you are and what you have to offer.
- CV review – Identifying hints and tips to improve your existing document and give you the peace of mind that you are on the right track. An online advice service is included in the course.
- Enhancing your online presence – Social media is increasingly used by recruiters, so it is vital to use the web to sell your skills, experience and expertise in the best possible light. This also gives you greater opportunities for adding to your professional network, which may lead to being offered positions not advertised elsewhere.
- Developing your ‘Professional Self’ – Building on Day 1, many recruitment processes involve presenting yourself to others, whether in a job interview, group discussion, assessment day or formal presentation. You will receive assistance in improving these skills, enabling the ‘you’ that others see become far more professional and employable.
- Interviews, in theory and practice – Taking the opportunity to practice your interview techniques in a safe and comfortable setting. Using your skills to rehearse the delivery of the ‘message’ you want to give an employer.
Why not seize the chance to give yourself a head start in the job hunt? Book your place today.