News for Art, Design & Humanities students – one of these opportunities could be yours….
Airpsace Graduate Residency 2016-17
AirSpace Gallery in the city of Stoke on Trent invites graduating students from BA and MA Fine Art courses to apply for a 6 month graduate residency. The residency runs from August 2016 to January 2017 and offers new career artists the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative artist-led space. It includes time and space to develop work/ideas, in addition to receiving support from gallery staff and professional artists.
For full details and to apply visit the Airspace Gallery website
Closing Date: Thursday 16 June 2016 (midnight)
Celeste Prize 2016
The Celeste Prize is an annual international contemporary arts prize awarding 23,000 € and rewarding benefits to artists, photographers and creatives worldwide regardless of age and experience. Prizes include:
– Video & Animation Prize
– Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize
– Painting & Drawing Prize.
To find out more visit the Celeste Prize website
Closing Date: Thursday 30 June 2016
Assistant Curator, Towner Art Gallery
£25,000 per annum, fixed term contract until March 2019
Based in Eastbourne, Towner is an award winning art gallery showcasing artists of national and international acclaim. The gallery is looking for an experienced Assistant Curator to support the Head of Exhibitions in the development and delivery of exhibitions and associated programmes from the Arts Council Collection.
Download an application pack from the Towner Art Gallery website
Closing Date: Monday 20 June 2016
Need help researching and applying for opportunities?
– Download our guide to Looking for Opportunities in Art and Design which lists the main sources of jobs and other opportunities including commissions, residencies, competitions, exhibitions and funding and more. Paper copies available at Student Centre, ground floor Grand Parade Main Building and Manor House, Moulsecoomb campus.
– See the Creative Industries in Sussex page of the Careers Service website for a full set of links to creative occupational profiles.
– Get advice on making your CVs/portfolios/showreels stand out on our Portfolios and Creative Applications page
– Book an appointment with the Career Development Advisor at City Campus, tel: 01273 643187