Statistics, Counseling, Sustainability, Banking and Geopolitics – a round up of events from our inbox. Get you applications in!
The events just keep coming. Follow our blog or Facebook and make sure you’re in the loop.
- Applications close Friday 15 January! Interested in careers in pharmaceutical statistics and statistical programming? Check out the PSI Careers Day at University of Reading on 3 February. This event is open to all students currently doing a statistics-related MSc or PhD. Final year BSc students studying a statistics-related course are also welcome (although places may be limited depending on demand). The event is free and travel expenses will be reimbursed. Email email@example.com with your name and course and we’ll apply for a place on your behalf. More info at http://bit.ly/1Kf2NKC
- 27 January. Interested in a career in counseling? The Brighton Uni PGDip in Psychodynamic Psychotheraputic Counseling (try saying that with your mouth full) is having an open afternoon for potential applicants. Booking is essential! More info at http://bit.ly/1OQPOnR
- 27 January. Growing Cities, Divided Cities? 10am-7pm at The British Academy, 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, SW1Y 5AH. Organised by the British Academy and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, this event aims to forge of new research links between the UK and Japan, and advance the identification of areas for future research.
The event will be structured around three broad themes: The Economy of Cities and Regions, Cities and Social Cohesion and How Do We Make Cities More Sustainable? Each session will comprise three presentations followed by Q&A and open floor discussion. Presentations will focus on the experience of the UK and/or Japan and also touch on other countries dealing with similar urbanisation-related challenges.
The event will be followed by a networking reception from 17:00-19:00.
If you would like to attend, please email Polly Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20 January 2016. Please include the following details: full name, affiliation in the UK, email address and telephone number. Please also indicate if you are able to attend the evening reception as well as the seminar .
- 20-21 February. The Young Investment Banker Weekend at University, College, London (UCL). In highly-competitive industries, you must put yourself in the best possible position to gain a place at an illustrious firm. Participants will work directly with senior bankers from bulge-bracket institutions who will provide them with a comprehensive competitive advantage in securing a position at a leading investment bank. More info and book your place at http://bit.ly/1ZwReL3.
- June 2016. Foreign Policy Summer School, London. The even will cover key topics of important relevance to the leaders of western nation states today. Successfully selected delegates of the conference will have the opportunity to examine and debate the topics in detail.
The conference agenda includes: The Crisis in East-West Relations, War with Russia? And NATO Security, The Islamic State, Iran and the security of Middle East Oil, Western Defense Realities and Futures, Next Generation Weapons Technologies, A Chinese World Order? The Secret Space Race, The Next Thermonuclear War and Can We Have a Philosophy for the West?
More info and apply at http://bit.ly/1e1ds25
Got an event you’d like to publicise? Let us know here, on Facebook, email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 01273 642863.