Make a 20 second vid for the uni and showcase your talent
Showcase your visual talents and spread the cheer…
The university’s Alumni team are calling on all creatives to make a 20-second seasonal animation or video for us to circulate to our university community. Why not add something extra to your portfolio and you could win a £250 Amazon voucher!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and see terms and conditions below.
For more information about our Alumni visit www.brighton.ac.uk/alumni
Greetings competition 2015 terms and conditions
- All students and alumni of the University of Brighton are eligible to enter the competition and will be eligible to win the competition prize. University of Brighton staff will not be eligible to win the prize but are welcome to enter.
- Entries will be accepted in the format of web compatible videos, images, illustrations, drawings, photographs, cartons etc.
- Entry opens on Wednesday 28 October at noon. The closing date is 5pm on Friday 20 November 2015 and no entries received after this time will be accepted.
- The message is intended to appeal to a global and multicultural audience with a theme of “Season’s greetings from the University of Brighton”. It is open to creative interpretation.
Key messages to be included:
Season’s greetings from the University of Brighton
Wishing you health, happiness and success for 2016 (optional)
Additional inclusions for alumni version to fade in at the end:
Keep in touch.
((Alumni Association logo))
- To submit a video please follow the below instructions:
- Open an account at www.vimeo.com
- Upload your film
- Email the vimeo URL link, full name, email address, contact telephone number, student/alumni number to email@example.com
- In the case of a video submission is should be ideally 20-30 seconds in length. No entries over 40 seconds will be considered.
- By entering this competition you confirm that you have permission from all people, music and locations shown in your film or in the case of photography, permissions from any person’s featured.
- A maximum three entries per person will be accepted.
- The prize for the winner of the competition is £250 in Amazon.co.uk gift vouchers. This cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent.
- No responsibility is accepted by the University of Brighton for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete. Or for films which cannot be played for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
- Initial judging will be to immediately eliminate any film that:
- Is not in the correct format
- Is longer than one minute
- Is not suitable for family viewing
- Has not been uploaded as instructed
- Depending on the number of entries, the judging panel from the Philanthropy and Alumni Office of the University of Brighton will choose the top 5 entries (semi-finalists). These will then be given to the Director of marketing and Communications and University Senior Management team to decide the winner.
- By entering this competition you agree that your entry may be distributed as the official season’s greetings card on behalf of the University of Brighton. In the case of a video, you agree to it being uploaded to the University of Brighton Youtube channel.
- Prior to acceptance of the prize, the winner shall be asked to give consent for the use of his/her name and image in connection with promotional activities.
- The University of Brighton excludes liability for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the competition.
- Entry into the competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The University of Brighton may cancel this competition and amend these terms and conditions without notice.
- The University of Brighton may refuse or disqualify any entry (including the winning entry) if it does not comply with any of these conditions or if the winner acts in a way which the University of Brighton reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If a winning entry is disqualified the University of Brighton reserve the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process your competition entry.
- By submitting an entry you warrant that it is your own work and does not infringe any third party copyright. You hereby grant the University of Brighton a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, licence to use your entry as per paragraph 13 above.