City Solicitors Horizons
City Solicitors Horizons is a pioneering initiative to significantly improve first year undergraduates’ access to the legal profession. City Solicitors Horizons is supported by the City of London Solicitors’ Company, the City Solicitors’ Educational Trust (CSET), The Legal Education Foundation (TLEF) and leading City law firms.
About the City Solicitors Horizons programme:
50 talented first year undergraduates studying any degree discipline but interested in pursuing a career in law will be selected to complete an outstanding three-year support programme featuring:
- Classroom and one-to-one training sessions
- Personal mentoring by lawyers at participating leading law firms
- Annual work experience placements with leading legal employers
About SEO London:
SEO is a diversity focused charity that helps students from under-represented backgrounds achieve their full career potential. In the last 15 years we have helped more than 5,000 talented undergraduates secure extremely competitive internships and graduate full-time positions with more than 60 of the UK’s leading employers, including many leading City law firms.
How to apply:
Applications are now open! Click here to apply. If you have already applied to SEO London you will still need to apply to the CSH programme.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so those interested in applying are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Places will be confirmed in December 2017.
Students will be selected based on social mobility criteria, academic performance and their commitment to pursuing a legal career. To apply, you:
- Must have been educated at a state funded school (at any point of your academic studies) and either:
- Be of the first generation of your immediate family to attend university; or
- Have been eligible for free school meals or some other form of income-related financial assistance; or
- Have been in care/are a care leaver.
- Be reasonably committed at this stage of your university course to joining the legal profession; and
- Have, in the judgement of your university, a strong potential to succeed academically.
- You must also study at a university based in London or the south east of England.
Please see FAQ’s for more information.
Practice Areas covered:
The programme is designed to give access to the full gamut of legal career opportunities. Practice areas covered include:
Children and Education
AND MUCH MORE!
Alongside non-City law firms, inspirational speakers and practising lawyers, 20 leading City law firms have signed up to the scheme to provide mentoring, work experience and support with training sessions.
I look forward to reading your applications:
Julie Quist-Therson, Head of Programme – Corporate Law and CSH| SEO London | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org