OPX, a small design consultancy in Shoreditch, is recruiting for a studio manager role. It would be suitable for Business Management, Marketing Management or Business Management with Marketing students.
OPX Studio Manager – Permanent Opportunity
Salary – £19,000
OPX is a Shoreditch based brand and communications studio working with clients across all
sectors and delivering projects across a wide range of channels.
Whatever the project we’re working on, at its heart must be a great idea which resonates with the
intended audience. It must look great so that we inspire and it must work really well, meeting and
exceeding the objectives set for it.
We take a great deal of pride in what we deliver and how we deliver it. We strive for creative and
financial success. It is this dual focus which drives us and on which we judge the project’s success.
The culture of the studio is very important to us. We expect everyone who works here to maintain
the highest levels of professionalism and endeavour to deliver beyond client expectations. We are
supportive, trusting, friendly and collaborative. We look for ways to build a strong team where
everyone is working for the common good.
An enthusiastic, can-do and positive attitude is vital along with excellent written & verbal
If you are shortlisted we will ask you in for an interview. Please be aware that although this is a
creative environment this is NOT a design role.
These are the core responsibilities of your day-to-day job.
– Managing the day-to-day running of the studio, including ad-hoc tasks
– Answering the reception phone in a clear, friendly and helpful way, passing on messages or
dealing directly with requests
– Coordinating hospitality (anticipating requirements for client and internal meetings)
– Meeting and greeting clients offering hospitality on arrival and throughout client meetings
– Managing and updating the holiday spreadsheet and calendars, liaising with directors to ensure
all holiday requests are approved
– Managing IT maintenance issues
– Weekly backup of server
– Sourcing suppliers and ensuring that supplies etc are managed effectively
– Planning, ordering and distributing the weekly food shop
– Managing recycling and glass collection
– Keeping the studio and meeting rooms tidy at all times, pitching in when things need to be done
around the studio that are not specifically listed here
– Ensuring your colleagues know how to proceed with your workload, when you take leave or are
– General studio errands
– Ensuring the studio is a pleasant, positive, professional working environment
Beyond the studio management tasks we will also need support as follows:
– Project support for project managers and directors (including general administration and
– New business and marketing support for directors
– Collaborate fully with your colleagues and be a strong team member at all times
– Be able to multitask in a fast paced and busy studio environment, always taking initiative
– Be proactive and a self starter, making best use of the day at all times
– Be aware of and take an active interest in all projects in the studio
– Be an extremely positive force within the studio, helping OPX to be a place that everyone enjoys
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to
For Accounting students, Cardens Accountants & Business Advisors (based in Brighton) are looking for applicants who are committed to Trainee Accountant opportunities. If you are interested, please email your CV and brief cover letter to Gill Hamilton-Orr: gill@cardens4U.co.uk