Meet our Inclusive Practice Ambassadors
Our Inclusive Practice Ambassadors (IPAs) play an essential role in ensuring equality, diversity and inclusivity are incorporated in to the student experience on our courses.
Led by the Inclusive Practice Lead for the School of Business and Law – Dr Hasan Gilani, the IPAs have lined-up a set of activities that include (but are not limited to):
- organising and running a student-led anti-racist forum
- working with module leaders to diversify and decolonise the curriculum
- evaluate and gather feedback on last year’s IPP scheme and assess the impact on student experiences
- devise measures to address the attainment gaps
- raise the profile of inclusive practices within the school through promoting and highlighting key activities of IPAs
- represent the school across student forums in the context of equality, diversity and inclusivity (EDI)
Our Inclusive Practice Ambassadors are: Maddie Plantos, Mark Brown, Natasha Joshi, Poulome Yadav, Mustafa Alsamarai and Daniel Dawit, pictured above with Dr Hasan Gilani.
There is a lot of work to be done in this area but we have a fantastic and passionate team of students who want to make a difference at student level, therefore we expect some exciting activities from the IPAs in this very important area of EDI.