The Bottom Line not The Flat Line: How to evaluate your success and your risks with your PPC Campaign | What Sarah Did
Paid media is the most popular form of digital marketing right now (Kapoor et al., 2016), and as investing in PPC is one of the key marketing channels proposed by Chaffey (2015) and can be integral to your marketing plan.
However, before you embark on a PPC campaign, know the hallmarks of success and the risks in order to have a successful marketing campaign.
- Determine your goals and set them up on Google AdWords, whether it be to increase subscribers, sales, or your brand awareness. A handy how-to on how to set up your goals can be found here.
- Know your target audience.
- Define a budget – set your maximum Cost per Acquisition (CPA) bids.
- Know what keywords you are going to build your campaign around. Any campaign starts with keyword research and the success relies on your keyword research.
- Know how your landing page is doing – look at your analytics according to Plaza et al., 2011 (more on this later) and optimise your landing page.
Source: (Mordkovich & Mordkovich, 2005).