School of Business and Law

Inspiring journeys to work

Catching up with graduates at the Careers Fair

This year’s Careers Fair was a chance to meet potential future employers and find out about different career paths. There were over 100 businesses and organisations at the event!

Not only were employers and recruitment teams there, but some of our graduates came back to visit us too.

luketoyota

Luke Miles, who now works at Toyota, studied Business at our Moulsecoomb campus and graduated in 2012. He completed a placement with Toyota on one of their Marketing Programmes and has now been permanently employed. He returned to Brighton to represent the company.

“This year’s Careers Fair experience was excellent. I came in my final year so it brought back memories of my student days. It’s definitely got bigger since I left, there were loads of businesses! It was great to represent Toyota at the careers fair, promoting placements to students.  

The university helped me to secure my placement which helped me get my job, so it was fantastic to have the chance to pass on that knowledge and my experiences to potential Toyota placement students.”

callum

Callum Kirk was also at the fair representing McMillan Williams Solicitors where he has worked as a paralegal since he graduated this summer.

As a recent graduate, Callum was missing Brighton and enjoyed coming back.

“It was a great privilege to represent McMillan Williams Solicitors at the Brighton and Sussex Careers Fair. Having just graduated from the University of Brighton this year, it was extremely rewarding to share my experiences of post graduate life with current students.”

He added that going to the fair whilst he was a student helped him get an idea of what he wanted to do after uni.

“When I went to the Careers Fair as a student, I found it useful to talk to working professionals as they provided good advice and insight into the career that I wanted to pursue.”

Originally posted by Brighton Rocks on 

CareersGraduatesPlacements

Vivienne Vine • November 19, 2014