Freshers Task

vid (1)-se7azr

I actually really enjoyed the seminar this week; about how to create a Vox Pop, as it is something I had never made or even heard about. I do believe that it’s a really fun, clever way to gain opinions or answers- and it has an easy to watch, inviting feel to it. Having some practise with how to work my way round iMovie and how to put some videos together- I felt pretty comfortable getting suck in. Having some previous experience with Premier Pro; I know how to make a basic film. I started collecting and selective videos and photos which represented my Freshers experience.

I had to chose a variety of things to portray my film in the right way. For example how I wanted a shot to end (fade out, straight cut or merge together ect); my experience was quite manic and lively so I went for the straight cut to make a jumpy, unrelaxed transition. IMovie was much more easy to navigate around; however it was also less accurate so had a less professional finish.

Once I had all of my videos in the desired order and lengths; I thought that at the points where still images were playing- the swap from music to silence made the video look really off. I chose ‘Neon’ out of the iMovie music which I thought was the youngest, most ‘club’ style music to go with my party freshers experience. As you can see from the green bar in the image (Neon); but when I export the video the music does not play out for some reason. This really confused me and I tried many different ways to try keep the music in the video; but I had to settle without it.

Although this task was not informative like I originally was shown that a Vox Pop should or could be; I did have fun looking back over my memories and putting it together in a fun video that sums up what my first two weeks at Uni were like!