Apprenticeships at Brighton

graphic image depicting artificial intelligence

Upskill your staff with Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs)

HTQs are level 4 and 5 qualifications in the digital, health and science, and construction sectors, which have been approved against occupational standards developed by employers – the same standards that were developed for apprenticeships.

David Oloke in his welcome video for apprentices

Welcome to our new and returning apprentices from Dr. David Oloke

As you settle into the new academic year, our Head of Technical Education and Apprenticeships, Dr. David Oloke, has prepared this message for you to let you know what it means to be an apprentice at the University of Brighton, and some key reminders on how to succeed this year.

It’s National Apprenticeships Week: Supporting our apprentices

Dr. David Oloke, Head of Technical Education and Apprenticeships at the University of Brighton wants to make sure all of our apprentices know about the support they can get from the University of Brighton.

Rachel Macleod

Nursing associate apprentice wins Apprentice of the Year

We’re delighted to announce that Rachel Macleod, apprentice Nursing Associate Higher Apprenticeship, has won the award for ‘Apprentice of the year – Health, social care & science’ at the East Kent Apprenticeship Awards.

Meghann Creffield

University of Brighton graduate wins Apprenticeship award for innovation in patient care during a pandemic

Biomedical Science Degree Apprenticeship graduate, Meghann Creffield, won the award for Outstanding Contribution by an Apprentice to an Employer.

University of Brighton logo and Apprenticeships logo

University of Brighton Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme

As part of a Post-COVID 19 recovery stimulus package to support alumni and local small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), The University of Brighton is launching its Apprenticeship Levy Transfer scheme. The deadline for applications will be midday, Friday 6 November, 2020. Levy transfer funding will cover the training fee for your apprentice. It is not…

Continue Reading

Assembling jigsaw, fitting the missing piece

Levy transfer opportunities in Sussex

Since April 2019 employers paying the apprenticeship levy have been able to transfer up to 25% of the funds in their apprenticeship account to as many employers as they choose. Transferred funds can be used to pay for training and assessment costs of the apprenticeship, employers receiving funds will still be responsible for the wage…

Continue Reading

Education and Skills Funding Agency logo

Smaller organisations can get 100% funding for training costs of apprenticeships

Organisations with fewer than 50 employees are able to receive 100% funding for training costs of an apprentice aged 16-18 (or aged 19-24 with an Education Health and Care plan, or who is a care-leaver). Funding will continue to be provided if the employer grows to 50+ employees after the start of the apprenticeship as…

Continue Reading

Education and Skills Funding Agency logo

£1,000 grant to any employer taking on younger apprentices

The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) will provide businesses with a £1,000 grant to any employer taking on an apprentice aged 16-18 (or aged 19-24 with an Education Health and Care plan or who is a care-leaver). Payments are made via the training provider (University of Brighton) and passed on to the employer in…

Continue Reading

people using a laptop

How does reserving funding work?

How it works Smaller employers that do not pay the apprenticeship levy can now reserve apprenticeship funding for training and assessment in their apprenticeship service account. The funding will cover 95% of the cost of the apprenticeship (up to the funding band maximum), smaller employers will need to pay the remaining 5% directly to the…

Continue Reading

Skip to toolbar