Want to make a big difference to a student’s life and future career? Become a Momentum Mentor today!
“With the support of my mentor I have been able to enjoy and make the most of my studies. My mentor has given me confidence in my own abilities with a friendly, but critical approach. It has been a life changing experience.”
Our mentoring programme provides support to all our students, whether they are part-time or full-time, undergraduate or postgraduate. It also offers support to graduates as they transition from study to the workplace or onto further study.
Mentoring provides a space to talk, listen and for reflection. Mentors can help students build their confidence with tasks like:
- Structure and planning to achieve deadlines
- Developing effective presentation skills
- Communicating confidently in lectures, meetings or interviews
- Help with feeling overwhelmed
- Or anything else related to their personal or professional development
We support our mentors by providing:
- a 90 minute information and training session where you will learn about the programme and your role;
- a guide and resource pack for the mentoring sessions; and
- access to the mentoring team should you have any queries or questions.
We ask mentors to meet with their student mentees virtual and/or face to face, every 2 to 4 weeks over a 4 to 6 month period.
To find out more about our mentoring programmes please click below or contact the mentoring team via email@example.com
Please sign up today by completing our short mentor application form. Once the mentoring team receive this they will contact you to tell you more about the programme and the training.