sara bosworth garea

“The course really stood out to me because of the placement and its heavy theoretical side, which was something I was really interested in.”

Thinking of applying to study Media Industry and Innovation? Hear from current student Sara about what life is like on the degree.

How did you find out about the Media Industry and Innovation degree course at Brighton, and what convinced you to apply?

“I found out about this course on WhatUni, but I already knew I wanted to do something Media related and that I wanted to be by the sea. The course really stood out to me because of the placement and it’s heavy theoretical side, which was something I was really interested in.

“After reading up on Brighton Uni, I didn’t look anywhere else, I was set.”

What A-Levels had you done?

“I studied Spanish and Psychology A-level, as well as Music BTEC Level 3 (equivalent to an A-Level).”

Tell us about your favourite parts of the course…

“For me, the thing that stands out the most in the course is the lecturers and the tutors. Everyone that I’ve met is so enthusiastic about media and it makes me so excited about learning. Especially my course leader, Tom. He has been very supportive and it feels like he cares about the students.”

Tell us about your experience of living and studying in Brighton…

“Living in Brighton is amazing. I’ve met so many different types of people being out clubbing and by working for the Student Union. Going to the beach after a night out might just be my favourite part of Brighton.”

What are your ambitions for your career post uni?

“I haven’t put much thought into my career post uni. All I know is I like media and want to find something related to it. When I do my placement next year I hope to have a better idea of where I want to be.”

Find out about studying media subjects at the University of Brighton.