Graduates 2022: Megan Siggers: Fashion Communication

“Brighton as a city is the perfect hub for young creatives to meet like-minded people and start a career in any creative space. I am going to be so sad to leave!”

Bad Habits is a concept for a free, online platform, designed to educate young adults about the impact of the fashion industry on the environment. It is a resource for encouraging sustainable behaviour through repair tutorials, brand directories, quizzes and more – it is also a collaborative space for brands and creatives alike to work together towards this common goal. Bad Habits plays on nostalgic media of the late 90’s/early 00’s like Top-Trumps cards and low-fi PC-gaming, to engage these gen-z/millennial shoppers.

Bad Habits uses custom-coding, animation, digital illustration, and playful design to create an engaging interactive experience for learning and long-term behaviour change.

I have absolutely loved my time at university and my course, it has allowed me to explore all areas of my creative interests and develop work in multiple disciplines to help me realise my professional abilities and specialities. Brighton as a city is the perfect hub for young creatives to meet like-minded people and start a career in any creative space. I am going to be so sad to leave!

How did you choose your course – why did you choose to study Fashion Comms?

I chose my course based on the variety of disciplines it allowed me to explore, from photography and styling to illustration and graphic design – as well as having a business aspect which really helps you to get a grip on the industry side of things especially if you’re looking to freelance (which I am!).

I am planning to stay in Brighton for the summer and freelance in graphic design and illustration as much as possible to further build up my portfolio and earn some money before hopefully moving to London to start my creative career. I am currently interning in the design team at a Brighton based Creative Agency We Are Tilt.

Insta: meg.s.designs

fmp website: https://badhabitslearn.wixsite.com/badhabits

portfolio wesbite: https://megdesignsportfolio.wixsite.com/website

Find out more about BA(Hons) Fashion Communication with Business Studies

Visit the Graduate Show