Kate Jessop who teaches on our Animation BA(Hons) has set up Brighton International Animation Festival, the city’s first ever animation festival.
The festival features 10 events over two days and is a mix of the best new animation from both all around the world and UK, workshops and talks. Students from the Animation course are working with Kate on the event.
When: 23-24 April 2022
Where: Latest Music Bar, Brighton
Watch the festival trailer here https://www.instagram.com/brightonanimation/
Some highlights are:
– Charcoal animation erasure workshop from artist Leo Crane of Figuration
– Industry talk from series producer Jamie Badminton of Karrot animation studio, responsible for Sarah and Duck and Peppa Pig
– Opening feature Strike by local animation studio PigBird that spoke at the recent Creative Industry talks
– Special curated programme Queer Contemporaries which will then be presented this summer at Anibar International Film Festival in Kosovo
– Special curated programme of the best international stop motion from StopTrik specialist stop motion festival and guest festival partner from Poland/Slovenia
– Curated programmes of the best new work from UK and international:
The Female Gaze
Sound and Vision
– Animation Karaoke Battle!
Visit the website: https://www.brightoninternationalanimationfestival.com/
Follow updates on Instagram: @brightonanimation