Graduates 2022: Lily Stimpson: Fashion Communications

“My tutors have made this course stimulating and although some projects weren’t my cup of tea I understand looking back on them why they were important.”

I have always been influenced by my eyes and put my energy in finding things which make me happy. From a young age I vividly remember my parents taking me to exhibitions across London and Europe to see every variation of art. Because I had the exposure of different designers, I think it helped me find a style I loved but also made me very versatile.

Movements which have inspired me include Bauhaus, Punk and Swiss design. Artists and designers that have been influential include Henri Rousseau, Thierry mugler’s, Martin Parr, Tim Walker amongst many others.

How have you found your time at Brighton?

Brighton as a place has blessed me with so much, it’s a city of discovery. My time at Brighton University has had its highs and lows. The structure for supporting students is amazing and I have always felt listened too. My tutors have made this course stimulating and although some projects weren’t my cup of tea I understand looking back on them why they were important.

How did you choose your course?

I chose to do Fashion Comms because it gives you the choice to explore pathways before deciding what you want do. I would recommend this course to anyone for being rich in references and topics.

My dream after University is to find a job in the industry. I would really like to go aboard with my work (to Berlin or Paris). Eventually setting up something on the side such as a clothing brand which encapsulates personal projects and collaborations.

Instagram:@Lildslr_

Find out more about Fashion Communication

Visit the Summer Shows