Graduates 2022: Lily Stimpson: Fashion Communications

“My tutors have made this course stimulating and although some projects weren’t my cup of tea I understand looking back on them why they were important.”

I have always been influenced by my eyes and put my energy in finding things which make me happy. From a young age I vividly remember my parents taking me to exhibitions across London and Europe to see every variation of art. Because I had the exposure of different designers, I think it helped me find a style I loved but also made me very versatile.

Movements which have inspired me include Bauhaus, Punk and Swiss design. Artists and designers that have been influential include Henri Rousseau,¬†Thierry mugler’s, Martin Parr, Tim Walker amongst many others.

How have you found your time at Brighton?

Brighton as a place has blessed me with so much, it’s a city of discovery. My time at Brighton University has had its highs and lows. The structure for supporting students is amazing and I have always felt listened too. My tutors have made this course stimulating and although some projects weren’t my cup of tea I understand looking back on them why they were important.

How did you choose your course?

I chose to do Fashion Comms because it gives you the choice to explore pathways before deciding what you want do. I would recommend this course to anyone for being rich in references and topics.

What are your plans after graduation?

My dream after University is to find a job in the industry. I would really like to go aboard with my work (to Berlin or Paris). Eventually setting up something on the side such as a clothing brand which encapsulates personal projects and collaborations.

Instagram:@Lildslr_

Find out more about Fashion Communication

Visit the Summer Shows