Graduates 2018: Dayna Murphy: Illustration

Within my practise I explore bold colours and contrasting textures and how these elements combined convey a mood in an illustration.

Hi Dayna can you tell us a bit about your work?

Inspired by modern digital media and my own intuitive self-expression, my visual language mixes digitally rendered illustration with physically drawn elements to mirror the close relationship we have with technology.

Cloudsfor Dayna Murphy

The marks I create physically cannot be achieved digitally and vice versa, which is significant to my visual narrative. This contrast of ‘real’ and ‘fake’ echoes the physical self and it’s curated online version.

Free Will for Dayna Murphy

What are your plans after graduating?

After graduation I’m going to be working at MTV as a Digital Media Creative intern.

Screen Shot Dayna Murphy

How was the course for you?

I found the course to be really impactful on the way I approach illustration now. I particularly like the way that Illustration as a course is run, the structure allows a lot of freedom with the right amount of guidance. I have developed a lot as a visual communicator during my time in Brighton, being in such a creative city has been inspiring and I’m sad to be leaving it!

Visit the Graduate Show

Find out more about BA(Hons) Illustration