Wednesday 20th April 2016
Do you want to engage your students using Gamification of learning? This session looks at using a ‘scavenger hunt’ as a way of guiding students around particular locations and encouraging activities and observations at those locations.
We will be doing paper vs technology, using Actionbound as the technology platform.
Actionbound is an app based for playing digitally interactive scavenger hunts that can lead a learner on a ‘path of discovery’. Speak to your Learning Technology Adviser for University of Brighton account.
‘Scavenger hunts’ are currently being used to support:
- Orientation of new students
- Site visits
- Cultural visits
- Field trips
We will be discussing paper vs tech in the field of scavenger hunts and running some informal workshops on using Actionbound. You will have the opportunity to participate in a scavenger hunt on the Grand Parade campus so put your walking shoes on!
On Wednesday 20th April the eLearning team will be available at Grand Parade campus. The sessions will involve a relaxed workshop covering the days theme, and there will be staff on hand if you just want to ‘pop in’ with a query.
- More about Actionbound can be found here: http://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/actionbound/
- A guide to using actionbound from the creators can be found here: https://en.actionbound.com/blog
- How to plan a scavenger hunt (some useful tips): http://www.outdoorbookclub.org/blog/how-to-plan-a-scavenger-hunt-for-grownups
- Scavenger Pintrest board (includes some useful references): https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/adult-scavenger-hunt/
Session: Grand Parade (main building) Room G62 13.00-15:00