Perfect World

Stop dreaming of utopia,the life we dreamed of as a kid is just a naive dream. The world we live in is bad and everything is fragile. We are always offered quick solutions to are unhappiness and are offered artificial happiness. Medication, recreational drugs, sex, distraction.etc. With social media a perfect words seems so in reach when in reality it’s impossible to have. You are the only one that can change your outlook on life and make it perfect for you. But perfect doesn’t mean that happiness is constant and in fact without the lows there would be no highs.

Collage- Dreamworld- mixed media A4 collage. Utopia’ means to me, an ideal perfect world.  this piece was inspired by my childhood, when I would draw my “dreamworld, dream house”ect. A time when the world seemed as if the possibilities where endless and in my hands. Things back then didn’t need to make sense to become possibility, it was the only time in life where imagination and creativity roam free without bounds or restrictions.  At first glance it looks like a child’s creation but as you look closer there’s vodka & fast food pixie houses, Cheeto sun, Nesquik sand and more. You can start to tell that this random collage is from the mind of a young adult.

Dreamworld, Mixed media, A4 collage