What is the Compact Plus Programme?
The Compact Plus Programme aims to help students find out more about university through activities and impartial advice and guidance. You don’t need to be thinking about applying to the University of Brighton to belong to the programme and all our activities are completely free of charge – including our residential summer schools. We work with students from primary school age through to graduation and beyond.
All activities are free and include:
- Activities in a huge variety of subject areas – arts, sports, sciences (including healthcare), social sciences (including psychology), business, humanities and lots more.
- A variety of summer schools in different subject areas.
- Trips to other universities.
- Mentoring by university students.
- Help with writing your personal statement when you’re ready to apply to uni and practice interviews in a university setting.
- Lots of talks and workshops about preparing for university for both students and parents.
You are eligible if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Your parents/guardian have not been to university.
- You are in care or have been in care before.
- You have lost contact with your family. Often referred to as estranged, but not in the care of the local authority.
- You have a diagnosed disability (including a learning disability)
- You are a young carer.
- You receive the 16-19 bursary.
- You received Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at secondary school.
- You live in an area where not many people go to university (we can let you know by checking your postcode)*
- You are studying an Access to Higher Education course / are a mature student.
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker.
How do I apply?
If you have been sent the link via your 6th form or college, please go to the application form tab and fill out an online application form. You can also find our data protection statement here.
If you are eligible for the programme we will contact you, and your parents or guardian if appropriate, to let them know if you have been accepted or not