INSTAGRAM SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY:
- PROMOTION ON MAIN ACCOUNT- to firstly increase exposure to the sub-brand we will post on the main account @jacquemus to get the message across. Consistent posting on the main account will allow the sub brand to grow alongside his main brand.
- SIMILAR STYLE AESTHETIC- Jacquemus has a unique way of presenting his instagram account unlike any other brands therefore the sub brand will stick to this theme of posting the 3 same posts. This will also create an aesthetically pleasing account feed.
- CONSISTENT POSTING- by consistently posting to the instagram page (ideally daily) and posting at their peak time will allow the sub brand to thrive. I will need to figure out what times Jacquemus’ main audience is active at, along with general peak posting times so that I can schedule posts. However for now, I will use the typical peak posting times so that I can stay consistent in posting to social media.
- LINK TO THE E-COMMERCE WEBSITE- linking the website and promoting the sub brands online store will drive higher sales and traffic.
- USE OF HASHTAGS FOR AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT- I want the brand to be able to engage with their audience, therefore I believe utilising the hashtag #etrejacquemus will boost brand exposure and expand the Jacquemus community. This can also be a way to measure the sub brands success, as the amount of people who engage with the hashtag will show whether people are engaged or not.
- BUY INTO INSTAGRAM ADVERTISING THAT WILL SHED LIGHT ONTO A PART OF OUR MAIN TARGET AUDIENCE- with the use of user internet history and cache, data is stored for each person and knows your likes and dislikes. Être Jacquemus can utilise this element by advertising on instagram spon posts where its purpose will be mainly to shown people who like to see. fashion, art and lifestyle posts.
- Être Jacquemus can utilise this element by buying into instagram ads that will be shown to people who are into Jacquemus, fashion, streetwear
- ASPECT OF GENDER NEUTRAL COLLECTION WILL HOPEFULLY ATTRACT A LARGER AUDIENCE AS JACQUEMUS IS FOCUSED ON WOMENSWEAR- as the brand does not solely focus on gendered clothing, it will hopefully expand Jacquemus’ audience to a wider, less precise market. Therefore in order to do this, promoting on social media will create great exposure for the sub brand.
- Posting off work hours will allow more people to see the posts.
- Mondays and Thursdays are the best times for user engagement. I will utilise these peak times by posting two posts on these days around 9am and 5pm.
- I have used the social media scheduling app later.com to create a posting schedule. By being consistent with posts and times I think it will boost the sub brands awareness successfully.
- I have decided to create a snapchat filter in order to engage with a wider audience. I have chosen to use the French flag colour scheme to keep up with the consistency and create familiarity with the logo. être _____ is so people can customise the filter in any way they chose. ‘be bold’ ‘be confident’ ‘be kind’ ‘be jacquemus’ is the idea I am trying to get across with this social media campaign. I have decided to stick with a minimalistic concept that still ties into Jacquemus’ main style aesthetic so that it promotes both the sub brand and the main brand. I am trying to create some consistency within all of the campaign platforms in order for it to tie in together.
- With my chosen target audience of gen Z and existing millennial that already buy into Jacquemus, Snapchat is another fitting social media strategy to promote the sub brand. Recent 2018 snapchat analytics shows that an extremely large majority of those who use snapchat are under 35, where 20% of those are 18-20 and 34% are 21-24 which is my main target audience that I am trying to sell to. By using snapchat advertisement and relevant filters will help increase brand exposure in a fun and positive way.
- There is also a higher ratio in men that use snapchat compared to instagram, where 68% are women. Therefore être Jacquemus can utilise snapchat to promote to a wider audience and help push the sub brand into a new category.
I created a website mockup using templates made available on wixsite. I decided to create an e-commerce website for my third platform as it allows the audience to become part of a larger community and to share all things être Jacquemus. I intended for the website to be simple and easy to navigate that ties in with the minimalistic nature of the brand. The website is exclusively made for être Jacquemus and its audience for easy engagement- you are able to shop the collection, learn more about the brand, as well as preview the latest fashion campaign images. There is also a place where customers are able to engage by tagging themselves with #etrejacquemus. I have decided to focus on using this feature to fully engage with the audience as it supports the brand values of promoting connectedness, unity and transcending borders in order to showcase confidence, boldness, and creativity through wearing our sub brand.
Être Jacquemus will utilise traditional forms of fashion promotion in order to gain wide exposure. Published in magazines, billboards, bus stops etc. will allow the brand to branch out to my target audience of a younger generation at a lower price tag that is available to all. I wanted to keep the campaigns quite simple and minimalistic so that they will be memorable. They will simply feature the brands simple logo in a bold simple font and the photo campaigns as I want to keep it sophisticated. I believe that I have communicated the sub brand identity and values well throughout my campaigns as it promotes the relevant themes and styles that I have explored.
- My aim for this photoshoot was to convey the idea of disconnecting from the world of anxiety and doubt, and reconnecting with your mental state of mind in order to transfer you to a state of freedom, creativity and self expression.
- The campaign aims to convey a positive, holistic image- therefore, I decided to shoot in a location filled with foliage and forestry. I am really happy with the location that I used as it I think it embodies the right kind of positive, light hearted message I am trying to portray within the brand.
- Être Jacquemus values it’s French roots therefore a crucial part of this photoshoot was to source red, white and blue clothing. I was afraid that the clothing colour scheme and the location would somehow clash, however I think the photos have turned out to be successful and the colours seem to have a subtle contrast to them which makes the clothing stand out.
- I tried to go for minimalistic styles as I did not want to over complicate anything and I am very pleased with what I decided to choose for this campaign. The sub brand focuses on producing gender neutral clothing, so I wanted both Max and Leah dressed in similar styles and pieces that are suitable for everyone. I decided to style Max with a crop top, something that is typically marketed as womenswear- I am particularly happy with this decision as I think it challenges and questions what we perceive as ‘mens’ and ‘women’ fashion. Max also seems to wear it in a delicate, and sophisticated way where I think positively promotes the idea of blurring the lines of gendered fashion. I believe that the future of fashion will see us become more integrated and open to all genders wearing all different styles.
- Overall, I am extremely happy with how these photos have turned out. I am looking forward to using these images for my three platforms.
VR is being joined by a related technology known as augmented reality (AR), which lets users view the real world overlaid with computer-generated imagery and information. By 2020 we may see a shift with how it is being used for consumer purposes.
Catalog shopping will take on a new dimension with tools like “Ikea Place”. It lets users scan a real-world room and then shows what it would look like with realistic images of furniture.
“AR will let consumers try on, experiment with and visualize the items they’re considering for purchase in an entirely new way, by merging the experience of shopping in a brick-and-mortar store with the convenience of shopping online. And according to a 2016 Retail Perceptions report, consumers are looking for that AR experience.”
This kind of technology can be used when it comes to shopping for clothing too- with changing rooms using this kind of technology to avoid the time consuming aspect of trying on clothes. It could also revolutionise e-commerce by having sophisticated phone apps that allows you to try on the clothes from the comfort of your own home. This method could also be seen as a great way to market a brand. Similarly to IKEA place, it’s innovative nature of the app is an engaging, intimate way to connect to your audience.