Coinciding with our Kate Moss month on Tumblr, Nick Knight releases a fashion film that explores and unpicks society’s obsession with images of celebrities and our voyeuristic tendencies when it comes to icons. The film was shot in 1995 during Knight’s first ever session working with Moss, who was twenty years old at the time and fast becoming a worldwide star. It features footage from security cameras – a nod to the debate and controversy that surrounded surveillance culture at the time of filming – and presents Moss going about a normal day, from waking up to visiting a Madison Avenue studio to returning home. It is only as the film progresses that the viewer realises he is watching Moss from a stalker’s perspective in a sinister play on anonymity, fame and privacy. The work was edited at the time by friend and collaborator Jason Evans (Travis).
THE LANDSCAPE OF A NEW DECADE:
- A tipping point in the racial, ethnic and religious profile of popular majorities suggests that we are moving towards equality and a ‘neutral culture’.
- The transformative force of 5G on mobile means m-commerce will dominate. Its take-up will accelerate mass adoption for AR and VR experiences, and further impact future consumer engagement.
- Crowd-based capitalism will emerge as a force to be reckoned with, as more consumers use activism to ensure their money stays local.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CONSUMERS?
- Local priorities are shifting, as people feel that nation states and governments no longer have the trust or power to fix our modern world. From the rise of local crypto-currencies to corporate wealth care (companies’ long-term action within the community), 2020 will see commercial growth closely aligned with the economics of caring.
- People expect technology companies to be more ethical and responsible, especially when it comes to artificial intelligence. Many experts believe 2020 will be the era of hybrid intelligence – human intelligence (HI) plus artificial intelligence (AI).
- Anxiety has reached critical mass and people will lean towards selective apathy to cope. More importantly, notions of perfection are being challenged (French law requiring photoshopped commercial images to be labelled), giving rise to apathetic subcultures and behaviours.
WHAT I AM INSPIRED BY:
- AR AND VR DEVICES WILL BECOME INTEGRATED INTO EVERYDAY LIFE AND YOUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. (COULD TAKE VR FOR MY CHOSEN PLATFORM TO CREATE MY FASHION CAMPAIGN)
- IMPERFECTION IS BEAUTY- A RISE IN UNFILTERED CONTENT AND THE DEMANDS OF REALISTIC IMAGERY. EMERGENCE OF SUBCULTURES LEARNING TO EMBRACE IMPERFECTIONS AND FLAWS.
“The study reveals that “Millennials are 33% more likely to believe their environment demands perfection (‘socially prescribed’ perfectionism); 16% more likely to expect perfection from others (‘other-oriented’ perfectionism); and 10% more likely to harbour an irrational desire to be perfect themselves.”
- MENTAL WELLNESS IN TERMS OF SELF ACCEPTANCE. FINDING THE BALANCE WITHIN YOURSELF.
- Next-generation interfaces will drive new points of sale. Companies need to have a focused approach towards tech innovation to fully harness market penetration. From in-air gesturing to voice and visual search, what will your company go all in for to win market share in 2020?
- As the experience economy becomes more saturated, people want deeper connections with brands. From Watch Now, Buy Now to the rise of flash-markets, your company needs to create meaningful moments to drive awareness and create sales.
2020 Trends: A Look to Our Customer Experience Future
- Youthful, feminine, fresh approach to fashion. Very chic and Parisian
- Summer/travel is a big part of their life style.
- Young, however has a disposable income.
I have been researching into different influencers/bloggers who I think is the perfect persona to embody Jacquemus as a brand. By doing so I am able to fully understand and be clear for my next steps into this project. By being clear of who Jacquemus’ current persona they like to target is I am then able to use this knowledge to apply to my sub brand, but by also seeing where they can improve, and where I can change up their persona without straying too far from Jacquemus’ brand identity and values.
INSTAGRAMMERS AND BLOGGERS TO LOOK INTO- CHOOSE ONE TO ANALYSE AND USE IN SKETCHBOOK: