MASTHEAD AND TAGLINE NAMES: SOME IDEAS

I want my zine to be visually appealing, therefore a colour scheme needs to be put into place. I really like the look of it being quite pink and red toned, with complimentary colours around to support it (blues, purples). The colour pink has a gentle, sweet, playful note to it whilst being associated with ‘femininity’. It is also used to represent love, whilst red is associated with passing and romance. I believe these are themes that supports my zine as I want it to be almost like a love letter from one sister to another. With that in mind however, I don’t want my zine to have that dreamy, fairy like approach, but rather a toughened, quite chaotic, riot grrrl like style. I want the zine to have a strong theme to it to represent the empowerment of women as I believe this reflects the content I want in my zine.

I want my masthead to be snappy and short- something that represents the zine as a whole. Here are a few name ideas:

1. GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
  2. GRRRL
  3. SISTER
  4. GIRLHOOD- I think from the name ideas I have come up with so far, girlhood is my favourite. The idea of girls uniting and being a collective. The word ‘hood’ by definition can mean to cover up the head, which reminds me of Pussy Riot.
  5. GIRL CRUSH
  6. BLOOM
  7. ASCEND

And if I decide to add a tagline?

1. “A guide to self-love”

FONTS FONTS FONTSĀ 

(1) CANTERBURY- i think this font really fits into the whole riot girl aesthetic I am going for. It’s a font that appears to look toughened, bold and strong.

(2) COURIER NEW- i like how this font has a typewriter quality to it, making it feel personal. I think that this font would fit in perfectly for any body text I may decide to include (like a tag line).

(3) STIX GENERAL

(4) PT MONO

(5) SCHWACHISM

(6) ANDALE MONO

(7) SPACE CRUSADER

(8) NOISE MACHINE