VI-Suite v0.6 – Update

Dear all.

As some people have been asking what my plans are regarding a Blender 2.8 version of the VI-Suite, I thought I would post an update.

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that the title of this post skips a version. v0.5 was going to be the last VI-Suite version of the 2.7 series but as 2.8 is now out I decided to roll those changes in to v0.6.

Over the last couple of weeks sun path, wind rose, shadow maps, sky view factor and LiVi have all been, at least in part, transfered over. I am in the process of tranferring EnVi over. There are many bugs remaining, and I would not say v0.6 is ready for usage, but good progress is being made. I’m hopeful that early next year an initial release might be ready.

Once things have stabilised a bit I will post the link to the github repository here.

Regards

Ryan

Blender 2.8 - LiVi

LiVi in Blender 2.80

4 thoughts on “VI-Suite v0.6 – Update

1. What good news!
    thank you for updating Vi-suite to Blender2.8.Dr.Ryan Southall.
    This is an exceptional new release, I cannot wait to try it.

• The VI-Suite itself will be compatible with OS X and Windows 10 altough some components that the VI-Suite uses for particular types of analysis e.g. OpenFOAM, will be the reponsibity of the user to get working on those platforms.
      Also bear in mind I develop on Linux and have limited time to test the VI-Suite on other operating systems so I will be asking users, when the time comes, to help me with that testing.
      Regards
      Ryan