IDM 18 Final Project:Learning Journal.

About my website

First of all, I chose my national science-related theme. Four different sections are shown on one page:

1. Introducing the current and up-and-coming science realms.
  2. Well-known Chinese scientists with basic CSS flipping effect.
  3. Lists of ancient Chinese scientific inventions.
  4. Technological Development.

How about my process of learning JavaScript?

First of all, I will install the Chrome browser, and directly practice in dev tools = > console to be familiar with basic syntax, variables, data types, mathematical operations, string operations, conditions, the basic structure of loops, simple function definitions and calls.

After getting familiar with the basic syntax, I will make a few slightly challenging small programs in dev tools = > console. I will look for some small programs on websites such as Mozilla, and then try to understand and write them. These small programs enable me to learn to edit them without too much interference. I only need to focus on writing the correct program with the correct syntax. This process will make me more familiar with JS language itself.

In this process, I will help myself understand how JS language interacts with us. I will select several website pages and make some changes to the elements of the page, such as changing the font and background color of the elements with JS.

In this process, I will go to read relevant books, or find relevant teaching articles on the Internet, watch the video of everyone’s answers on youtube and so on. At the same time, I will always tell myself to be patient.

In the process of self-study, I have some personal apperceptions:

First of all, I think it’s a step-by-step process. So I think there are some ideas and operations that go against step-by-step.

1. Too early to pursuit “systematic” learning, high ambition, high vision, easy low hand, people’s energy is limited, we should respect the learning curse, admit that we are ordinary people, and warn ourselves not to be clever, not greedy, slow down the whole process.

1. I think reading the source code is the most “essential” learning procedure, and the result is that I can’t help falling into the details.

1. Get involved in the “latest” technology too early, such as framework, learn before you have a good language foundation, and do half the work. “The latest” technology and core technology are not the same thing many times. With the foundation and core, learning new technology is the most efficient, which in turn does not hold water.

1. Learning programming is equivalent to reading books and accumulating “knowledge”, but programming is a skill in the end. You can’t learn anything without doing it. What you know is different from what you know.

1. It may be the biggest waste to try to find the “best” learning path at the beginning without learning specific things. The meaningful goal is to tell yourself what to do tomorrow, rather than assuming that you should learn tomorrow.

1. Over stack learning materials, thinking that the more materials you find, the more complete you list them, and the faster you learn, the better. On the contrary, the more you list them, the louder the noise, the stronger the psychological pressure and frustration, and the easier to give up. At one stage, a book, with a small number of online materials, is enough. “Collection” is a bad habit. People who study should pursue knowledge digestion, not stacking or piling-up.