- Environmental Manager (full time), Abigail Dombey: A.N.Dombey@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: leading on the strategic and operational implementation of sustainability – including sustainable behaviour change – across the university.
- Environmental Officer: Sustainable Behaviour and Engagement (full time): Lucy Lisle: L.Lisle@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: managing the ‘c-change’ behaviour change campaign and communications.
- Environmental Projects Assistant (full time): Isabelle Connor: I.Connor@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: supporting the Sustainability Team with delivering student and staff engagement and behaviour change projects.
Estate and Facilities Management
- Facilities Coordination Officer (full time): Janet Hunt: J.A.Hunt@brighton.ac.uk
Key Responsibilities: coordinating facilities provision across the university estates, including waste management.
Accommodation and Hospitality Services:
- Deputy Head (Operations) (full time): David Hicks: D.Hicks@brighton.ac.uk
Key Responsibilities: managing university accommodation and hospitality services provision, embedding sustainability into all practices.
- Head of Procurement & Insurance Services (full-time of which 80% sustainable procurement focus): Julian Wood: J.D.Wood@brighton.ac.uk
Key Responsibilities: managing procurement across the university, ensuring sustainable practices – financially, environmentally and socially.
- Procurement Officer (full time): Wayne Fisher H.W.Fisher@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: Ensuring sustainability and whole life costing are considered at each point in the procurement process.
- Procurement Administrator (full time with 10% sustainable procurement focus): Tina Eglinton C.Eglinton@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: procurement team support.
Centre for Learning and Teaching:
- Senior Lecturer (full-time): John Canning: J.Canning@brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: Education for Sustainable Development.
- Ethical & Environmental Officer (part-time): Jamel Brown: J.Brown31@uni.brighton.ac.uk
Key responsibilities: Environment and sustainability work at the SU.
The Sustainability Team attend and present at the university Staff Induction Day,which is mandatory for all staff. The Sustainability Team will be present during the stalls section of the day to chat to you about sustainability at the university, including our c-change campaign and travel options. The Sustainability Team also present at the induction day, to introduce staff to sustainability policy and embedding it the university.
You can also download the Staff Sustainability Checklist here.
If you are a member of staff looking for staff specific information, such as Cyclescheme and Warp-it, please see the Staff Central pages.