This year c-change and Sport Brighton have joined forces to promote and encourage active and sustainable travel to university 15- 19 October – helping you cut carbon, keep fit and save money!
A roadshow will be touring the campuses with sustainable and active travel information, advice and freebies, as well as the Sport Brighton watt bike to see which campus can cycle the furthest!
There will also be free bike maintenance checks available on all sites, a walking bus each morning from Eastbourne train station to campus and a mountain biking taster session on Saturday 20 October. Check out all the details below:
Throughout Active Travel Week, the c-change and Sport Brighton roadshow will be roaming the five campuses, visiting a different site every day between 11:00 and 14:00.
- Monday 15 October 11:00 – 14:00 Grand Parade cafe
- Tuesday 16 October 11:00 -14:00 Falmer, Checkland atrium
- Wednesday 17 October 11:00 – 14:00 Moulsecoomb, Cockcroft mezzanine
- Thursday 18 October 12:00 – 14:00 Hastings, Priory Square foyer
- Friday 19 October 11:00 – 14:00 Eastbourne, Sports Centre foyer
Is your bike in need of a bit of TLC? Outside each of the Travel Week roadshows, free bike maintenance support will be given out to staff and students by a local Bike Doctor from.
- Monday 15 October 12:00 – 14:00: Grand Parade main building quad by the bike racks
- Tuesday 16 October 12:00 – 14:00: Falmer, outside the Checkland building
- Wednesday 17 October 12:00 – 14:00: Mouslecoomb, outside the Cockcroft building
- Thursday 18 October 12:00 -13:30: Hastings, Priory Square basement
- Friday 19 October 09:00 – 10:30: Eastbourne, outside the Sports Centre
If you’re a member of staff take a look at the staff central travel pages.