As part of National Apprenticeship Week (3rd – 9th February), we want to make our apprentice students aware of the financial advice and support available to them whilst studying at the University of Brighton.
6 useful facts about UoB Apprentices
All apprentices enrolled on a full time higher or degree level apprentice programme
The same rules apply to apprentices as other full time students ie if they live in a household comprising solely of full time students, the whole household is exempt or if they live with just one other person over 18 who not a student, they get 25% discount etc.
Apprentices may need to obtain a Council Tax exemption letter from the Student Information Desk, depending on where they live.
- Are eligible for the mature student 16 – 25 railcard for the duration of their studies. This also means that they can get Brighton Unizone tickets
- Can get a special Brighton and Hove Buses Apprentice discount on most local bus travel across Brighton and Hove and Metro services via a student key card
- Are able to apply for the Student Support Fund as any other undergraduate/PGCE student
- Are entitled to a NUS Apprentice extra card which is the Totem card for Apprentices
- Can access support for additional learning needs through the Disability and Dyslexia team
Please contact the Student Advice Service if you have a question about anything money related, including DWP Benefits, or have a look at the Apprentices factsheet for more general Apprentice information and FAQs.
We are here to help anyone currently enrolled on a course, or anyone thinking about an Apprenticeship pathway in the future
Student Advice Service