Are you worried about making ends meet over the long summer vacation?
Have you got an ongoing rent liability but you’re not able to work over the holidays?
Are you care experienced or estranged from your family and you’ll be staying in Brighton on your own over the summer?
Help is here at hand…………………..the Student Advice Service manages a small discretionary fund to offer financial assistance to UK based students continuing with their course in September 2019. Applications are considered by our Funds Panel on a case by case basis, but priority is given to students fulfilling one or more of the following criteria:
- You have caring responsibilities – for a child, relative, partner or other adult
- You have health issues, you are a disabled student or you are due to have medical treatment over the summer months
- You are undertaking an unpaid placement over the summer months
- You are a care leaver / estranged student who does not have a family home to return to over the summer
- You have exceptional unforeseen circumstances (not covered by the above).
If you live with a partner, we can only consider an application if your partner is financially dependent on you.
Please have a look at our online information which covers everything you need to know about eligibility, the application process and all important deadlines. Access the web information here
The Student Advisers can answer all your questions and send you a form, so please contact us if you have any questions. Our telephone number is 01273 642888
Student Advice Service