Throughout next week (21st – 25th January) the Student Advice Service is supporting Big Energy Saving Week.
This is a campaign run by Citizens Advice which aims to raise public awareness on saving money on your bills getting the best price for your energy and helping to empower people to switch utility provider.
For students living in the private rented sector, especially for those living away from home for the first time, this can be a really daunting task. There are so many different energy suppliers out there, all vying for our custom, we need to be savvy in getting the best deal for us and shopping around for the most competitive rates.
But first we need to understand how bills work, how much different things cost and understand how to make simple and quick savings around the home, and at work, which can save money…..and the environment.
Come along to our pop up info stalls and have a chat with the Student Adviser at your campus. This is where you can find us:
- Monday 21st January 12.00 – 2.00 Moulsecoomb campus – Cockcroft building
- Tuesday 22nd January 12.00 – 2.00, Hastings campus – Havelock Road
- Wednesday 23rd January 11.00 – 1.00, Falmer campus – Checkland atrium
- Thursday 24th January 12.30 – 2.00, Eastbourne campus – Greynore canteen
- Thursday 24th January 12.00 – 1.30, City Campus – (main building) Grand Parade café/bar
Don’t worry if you can’t make it to the stalls, we’ll be posting online advice next week
Student Advice Service