Action required by students who receive a Childcare Grant from Student Finance England and Wales

This is an important message for any student who gets a Childcare Grant payment from Student Finance England or Wales.

The time has come for you to send your funding provider up to date information about your recent childcare costs.

Kinder an einem Tisch warten auf das Abendessen mit der Mutter in der Küche - ModelfigurenCreative Commons License Marco Verch via Compfight

You will have already sent in evidence of your actual childcare costs from the start of the academic year back in October, and now Student Finance want to see how much the actual costs have been from 22nd October 2018 – 20th January 2019

Technically (and confusingly) the universal start of the academic year (for September courses) is 1st September. Students have to submit an estimate of costs using the CCG1 form at the start of the year, then provide proof of actual costs at a later date. This information is verified by your registered childcare provider.

You have to submit proof of costs after 8 and 21 weeks following the start of the year (namely mid October and late January). This second form is called CCG2.

If you get funding from Student Finance England, this is the CCG2 form that you need to send SFE. If you get funding from Student Finance Wales, this is the CCG2 form that you need to send SFW. You may well have already received these forms from Student Finance direct.

Make sure you fill it out in the exact format they ask for – this applies to you and your childcare provider. If there are any errors or omissions, they will ask you to do the form again, so take some time to read the form through before you complete it.

Any adjustments will be applied retrospectively and if there is an overpayment of the grant, you will be expected to repay this from your current year entitlement.

If you have got any questions about your funding entitlement, DWP Benefits, Universal Credit or anything else money related, please come and talk to a Student Adviser. We will always do our best to help you.

Student Advice Service

Helen is the Student Advice Service Manager within Student Services and is based in Tithe Barn on the Moulsecoomb campus

Posted in Money, Grants and Bursaries

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Student finance in the news

  • No items found in feed URL: You requested 5 items.
  • Subscribe By Email

    Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

    This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Skip to toolbar