As the days get shorter and colder, here are some top tips on staying nourished for £less
- Invest in a decent packed lunch box or Tupperware – old ice cream containers may suffice but do check it can withstand heat.
- Make double portion meals and bring your leftovers in to uni.
- Leftovers like pizza are pretty good cold, or use one of the student microwaves on campus if you’re reheating soup, curry, stew or pasta bake.
You can find microwaves at these locations listed below:
- Aldro G14 (Social & Informal Learning space)
- Sprinters restaurant
- Ringmer House SU
Grand Parade options:
- Pavilion Parade Students Union Common Room
- Grand Parade SU office on the mezzanine floor of the main Grand Parade building
- Grand Parade Restaurant
- Priory Square building student lounge
- Havelock Road building student lounge
- SU Basement Central café, Cockcroft building
4. Bring your own refillable mug or cup to uni and you can not only save money each time you use it in one of the uni cafes instead of using a single use cup (which attracts an extra charge) but save money altogether if you bring your own hot drinks.
And don’t forget about the free water dispensers too.
BRINGING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND DRINKS CAN SAVE YOU up to £1000 PER YEAR!!
Student Advice Service