Welcome to all our new PGCE students!
Your teaching journey starts here and we want you to sail through the year ahead so here are some key money tips for you….
- If you have applied for the standard student finance package, check the payments dates on your notification of entitlement letter.
- The university tells Student Finance that you have enrolled in person, which will trigger the first instalment of Maintenance Loan.
- If you are self-funding and paying your fees yourself, if you pay the fees yourself before 1st November, you may be eligible to receive small refund. This is called the early settlement rebate.
- Not yet opened a student account? We would encourage you to consider accessing a student account, maybe as a second account, as it can greatly assist you with budgeting and some have attractive benefits which may appeal. We have a branch of Santander on the Moulsecoomb campus, which may be of interest, but we don’t endorse one bank over another. Have a look at this helpful information about opening a student account.
- For those of you eligible to receive a Training Bursary, you should be able to access full details about this on your StudentCentral account shortly. Payments are made in equal monthly instalments (paid from end of October to end of July).
- Most importantly – if you have any questions about your funding or finance, please come and talk to us in the Student Centre, Checkland building, Falmer campus, in the first instance.
Student Advice Service