Continuing your studies next year? Take a break from exams and apply for next year’s funding

Students need to apply for funding each year of the academic course. Many of you will have already received a reminder either by text or email encouraging you to reapply as soon as possible.


Student Advice can help guide you through the process if you need any help or have any questions.

Here’s our quick check ‘how to’ guide:

  1. Make sure you use the correct form. This may seem obvious, but it often catches people out, especially when looking for a form online. If you have been sent an email with a direct link, the chances are that this will take you to a preloaded series of questions and your data will have automatically been entered, making your job a lot simpler….and quicker!
  2. Ensure your funding authority has the correct contact details for you. Check your personal details page for correspondence address, email and phone number. Most students move after their first year so you need to keep your records up to date as any returned mail sent to SFE may trigger a block on your account, which you won’t necessarily know about until September.
  3. Always check the small print on forms and letters.
  4. If you need a paper form, contact your funding authority or come and see us as we can usually print them for you.
  5. If your parents or partner are required to they will need to refer to income details from financial year 2016/17.
  6. You need to submit your application by Friday 22nd June 2018 to ensure your application is processed by the start of next academic year. You can apply later than this, but you may have to wait for your funding at the start of term.
  7. Worried that you might have to repeat a year? Don’t worry, apply now as if you are progressing and we can help you with changing your application after the exam boards meet.

Did you get a University of Brighton Bursary from us this academic year? Only Compact Plus students and Care Leavers receiving full funding from SFE will be considered for a bursary in 18/19. The other exception is for students entering their 4th year of study in certain professions.

Continuing Health Science students applying via BOSS for their course resumption in September 18 – many initial deadlines have already passed for some aspects of the Bursary scheme, so log in to your account and click here for deadlines. This will only apply to students who started a course before August 2017

If your domicile is Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and you need a form printed, or any guidance, please pop in to Student Advice at your campus or call us on 01273 642888

If you have any questions, please contact Student Advice Service

Helen is the Student Advice Service Manager within Student Services and is based in Tithe Barn on the Moulsecoomb campus

Posted in General advice and information, Money, Grants and Bursaries

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Student finance in the news

  • No items found in feed URL: You requested 5 items.
  • Subscribe By Email

    Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

    Please prove that you are not a robot.

    Skip to toolbar