Students need to apply for funding each year of the academic course. Many of you will have already received a reminder either by text or email encouraging you to reapply as soon as possible.
Some students have already been assessed quickly and easily, but for those of you who haven’t, Student Advice can help guide you through the process if you need any help or have any questions.
Here’s our quick check ‘how to’ guide:
- Make sure you use the correct form. This may seem obvious, but it often catches people out, especially when looking for a form online. If you have been sent an email with a direct link, the chances are that this will take you to a preloaded series of questions and your data will have automatically been entered.
- Ensure your funding authority has the correct contact details for you
- Always check the small print
- If you need a paper form → Reapply for funding
- If your parents or partner are required to support your application they need to refer to income details from financial year 2015/16
- If you are applying online, you need to print, sign and return your online declaration:
4. You need to submit your application by Friday 23rd June 2017 to ensure your application is processed by the start of next academic year. You can apply later than this, but you may have to wait for your funding at the start of term.
5. Worried that you might have to repeat a year? Don’t worry, apply now as if you are progressing and we can help you with changing your application after the exam boards.
If your domicile is Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and you need a form printed, or any guidance, please pop in to Student Advice at your campus or call us on 01273 642888
If you have any questions, please contact Student Advice Service