National Student Money Week (9-15 Feb) was a great opportunity for our team to get out and about to all our campuses to spread the money saving message. We’ve been so impressed with the tips our students shared, we’ve decided to compile them all for you below.
Well done to our competition winners during the week too:
- Ready Steady Cook hamper competition – Marta B, Grand Parade (see pics of Marta’s meal, recipe and costs at bottom of this blog post)
- 3 course meal for 2 at Pizza Express – James Bissell, Moulsecoomb
- UBSU hoodie – Lauren Pedelty, Eastbourne
Click the pictures below to see the money saving tips we collected at each campus – let us know which one is your favourite!
OUR ‘READY, STEADY, COOK’ WINNER – Marta B from Grand Parade campus
Shopping list prices
- Avocado 87p
- 2 tomatoes 79p
- 2 mozzarella 98p
- Olives £1
- Pasta £1.20
- Mushrooms 99p
- Cream 65p
- Parmesan £1.99
- Onion – 23p
This is so quick and cheap that I decided to include also the salad. The price for the entire menu is 8.7 pounds. We are five in the house but we had some leftovers so you can easily feed another one.
- Avocado caprese
- 1 avocado
- 2 mozzarella
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Mushroom creamy pasta
- 500g of pasta
- 1 cream
- 300g of mushrooms
- 2 onions
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Dry garlic
- Soya sauce
- SALAD – Slice the tomatoes, avocado and mozzarella. Sprinkle some oregano, dress with olive oil and salt.
- PASTA – Chop the onions and cook slowly in a pan with olive oil until golden and nice.
- Add chopped mushrooms and let the water in them evaporate until cooked. Season with some soya sauce, black pepper and dry garlic.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package instructions in boiling salted water.
- Add the cream to the mushrooms and let reduce until desired texture. Mix drained pasta with the sauce.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan and enjoy!
HER PRIZE – food hamper